Laurene Hayden, CYT AHP, is a passionate and gifted teacher & practitioner who believes that the human body-mind system has the innate capacity for healing and health when properly supported according to each individual’s ever fluctuating needs. She believes that her mission of empowering self care at all levels of the being, using the traditional tools of the sister sciences of Yoga & Ayurveda, has the capacity to ultimately eradicate the rampant manifestation of chronic disease in our current culture.
With an emphasis on energetic balancing, she is certified by Dr. Vasant Lad of the Ayurvedic Institute, both in 9-Phase Pranayama and in Marma Chikitsa, the healing art of stimulating energy points on the outer body to activate one’s inner pharmacology of natural healing. Marma therapy is an especially relaxing treatment that reverses the affects of stress through the activation and opening of the energy channels, balances the nervous system, and directly relieves pain of all kinds. Her capacity as Reiki Level 3 Master positively weaves into her Marma sessions, along with Ayurvedic aroma therapy.
Laurene has been using the complementary sciences of Yoga & Ayurveda to support people in their pursuit of holistic health & well being since 1999. She is certified by the Ananda Seva Mission (Santa Rosa, CA) in Ayurvedic Yoga Therapy & by New World Ayurveda as a NAMA (National Ayurvedic Medical Association) Certified Ayurvedic Health Practitioner.
Laurene is a member of the International Association of Yoga Therapists (IAYT) and the Independent Yoga Educators of America. She has achieved an advanced RYT-500 registration with the Yoga Alliance and all of her offerings are eligible for Yoga Alliance CEUs. She is currently developing a Yoga Teacher Mentoring Program to empower yoga teachers who wish to delve deeper into their root for a more authentic way of living and giving.
• Direct Pain Relief
• Reversal of the Effects of Stress on Body & Mind
• Deep Relaxation
• Release of Blocked Energy Channels
• Promotion of Flow through the Body-Mind Energy Channels
• Aid in Preventing Disease
• Nervous System Reset from Fight-Flight-Freeze Response to Rest & Heal Mode
• Support for Physical & Mental Discomfort
• Organ System & Tissue Strengthening
• Reduction of Muscular Tension
• Movement of Lymph for Immune Support
• Promotion of Restful Sleep
• Increase for Physical Stability
• Balances the Doshas (Essential Bodily Energies that Govern Health)
• Regeneration for Tissues
• Support for Removal of Ama (Bodily Toxins from Physical & Emotional Causes)
• Promotes Youthful Resilience of Tissues & Systems
• Protection from Vata Disorders
• Brings in Positive Pranic Energy, Removes Negative Energy
What happens in a session?
⎫ Sacred safety
⎫ Reclined, supported, relaxed position
⎫ Fully clothed
⎫ May include pulse reading
⎫ May integrate mantra with breathing
⎫ Essential oils/aroma therapy customized for individual (optional)
⎫ Basic routines for energy optimization combined with a customized (per individual) subset of 107 marma (touch points and zones) gently pressed and/or massaged
⎫ Bliss out